JL

Lafitte Group

The name LAFITTE shares a strong history with the cork world. The first LAFITTE cork stopper manufacturing facility was created in 1918, in the southwest of France.
This same facility housed, a few years later, the capsules factory COLIEGE METALCO EMBALLAGES.

For 5 generations, the LAFITTE family has endeavored to develop their activities at the service of the wine industry. Thus, in 1956, a new factory was built in Portugal, for better control of the raw materials.

In 1982 the LAFITTE group expanded and established LAFITTE CORK AND CAPSULES in Napa, California, to meet the needs of the rising American market. Later, in 2001 and 2009 respectively, LAFITTE CHILE CORCHOS and METALCO CHILE were created to provide locally to the South American cork stopper and capsule market.

Group LAFITTE and all its entities have evolved harmoniously toward the continuous improvement of its processes.  As a group Lafitte works tirelessly to provide the best products and services to our clients and partners.

Facilities